Hi,
My name is Mette and I am a Danish exchange student for a quarter at South Seattle Community College with Marketing Management as my major. In Denmark I have two brothers – both older than me, and they both have kids. I will stay in US until January and then return to Denmark for my internship as a marketing/sales assistant for half a year. When my education is finish I will try to find a job as a marketing assistant dealing with marketing, sales and advertisement, both to earn money and then of course to try and use my marketing skills in real life – so this is more or less what I will be doing for the next five years.
In the coming blogs I will write about the cultural differences that I am experiencing as Danish girl coming to Seattle… Just the little things in my everyday life like taking the bus and going to clubs but also things like how different rules and regulations are over here in comparison to the Danish system. For instance the differences in the taxes and how many other things like age limits driving cars and drinking alcohol are so very different over here.
I think it is funny to get a different cultural perspective on things I hope you do to and that you will find my blogs interesting.
If you want to get a hold on me my e-mail is: mette.normark@hotmail.com
Hey Mette, I think you are right, its pretty cool to get a different cultural perspective on things. My question for you is what is the biggest challenge you face as being an exchange student. I am not an exchange student, but first time I came to this country learning the language was a struggle for me. I hope everything is going well for you. i look forward to read more.
SvarSletMette, I'm really glad that you're going to comment on the cultural differences of the small things in life. I think we often take these things for granted, and we start to think that how we do things is the way to do things–like a universal ideal. So I'm looking forward to what you have to say.
SvarSletMette,
SvarSletIt is great that you have a change to be here as an exchange student. I agree with you that there are many differences in culture and law in every country. I like how you used Danish in your blog. It makes it more exciting and exotic. I get a feeling of being in a difference country. How long have you been here so far? Why did you decide to be an exchange student here in Seattle? I like to travel because I love to see the culture differences and how people are interacting. I can’t wait to read your blog and learn more about Denmark. Good luck with your quarter here and the upcoming internship.
Thomas